Why Enterprises Running SAP HANA Seek IBM Power
Software platforms like SAP S/4 HANA have the power to digitally transform your Enterprise, streamlining business processes and generating real-time insights from your data. To take full advantage of the in-memory database capability of SAP HANA requires a review of your IT infrastructure. For Enterprises that require scalability and availability at a lower TCO, there is a choice that makes the shortlist almost all the time: IBM Power Systems.
IBM Power Delivers for SAP S/4 HANA
Since 2015, thousands of organisations across various sectors have chosen IBM Power Systems to run their SAP S/4 HANA platform. And for good reason, namely a £1.4M NPV positive impact over 3 years, a 7 month payback period, and no downtime over an 18-month period — all verified by a study completed by Forrester Consulting.
Forrester interviewed SAP HANA customers using IBM Power System about their experiences, then quantified the results a typical organisation could realise. Download your free copy of the report today.
The Key Criteria Enterprises Use to Select IBM Power Systems For HANA
In the digital-first world, Enterprises with a downtime/hour higher than £20,000/hour are starting to prioritise performance, scalability and security over cost with IBM Power. When unplanned infrastructure downtime is near zero over an 18-month period, revenues are maximised. This is not the only reason why Enterprises select IBM Power for their SAP HANA environment. Outside of this incredibly high-reliability rate, IBM Power also delivers several other benefits for enterprises:
- Reduction in system/server administration costs: Enterprises report 43% less time to update solution stack and 30% cut in time spent on server administration with IBM Power
- Infrastructure consolidation: Up to a 86% cut to the number of SAP HANA servers
- Reduction in License costs: Consolidate up to 16 – x86 server onto 1 IBM Power. Fewer licenses to maintain and less server administration costs
- Can Virtualise up to 24TB in scale-up. SAP has certified this environment for IBM Power
- Precise cost control with allocation capacity to as little as 0.01 cores and 1GB. This enables you to avoid overpaying for capacity
- Shared processor capacity: Efficiently utilize processing capacity across SAP HANA instances to further reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Predictive failure alerts. IBM Power Systems uses heuristics, running in the background of ongoing SAP HANA workloads, to pre-emptively warn DBAs when a failure is likely to occur – thus enabling you to prevent such a failure that could be costly.
Download the Forrester TEI Report
If you are considering deploying SAP S/4 HANA either as an update or a new deployment, then download the Forrester report here. Read how one of the most important, yet underappreciated decisions could make or break your deployment: The IT infrastructure.